Most of us are naturally DIY’ers. After all, we’re Americans, and we’re self sufficient. We can do everything ourselves with no help. From installing a garbage disposal to re-doing our flooring, we like the feeling of a project well done by our own hands. However, there are some home improvement projects, such as rerouting wiring, installing lighting systems, and helping to install electrical outlets that should not be DIY. In this blog post by Home Furniture, Plumbing, Electrical, and Heating in Kankakee, we’ll review the reasons you need to hire a professional electrician. Contact us today for all your HVAC needs!
WHY YOU NEED TO HIRE A PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIAN
- To avoid being electrocuted. Humans are good at many things, but we are really good at making improvements and innovations when needed. Hence, electrical systems and maintenance are very safe these days compared to when electricity was first cultivated in the late 19th century. From wires being safety coated to fences installed around all transformers, in general, our electrical appliances and sources of electricity are safe. That being said, we can become complacent in our sense of security. We are also hubris and think we can’t die. This can lead to all of us believing we can handle electricity like we would our cats — expertly. The fact of the matter is electricity is dangerous and for those not trained, you can easily cause yourself bodily harm when working on electrical matters. That’s why it’s best to call Home Furniture, Plumbing, Electrical, and Heating in Kankakee for all of your electrical needs.
- To avoid a house fire. Second to doing yourself bodily harm is doing your home and your loved ones bodily harm, such as your family and pets, by having faulty wiring that causes an electrical fire. According to the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), more than 51,000 home fires are electrical fires with more than 500 people dying as a result. Furthermore, if your home catches on fire and the cause is determined to be faulty electrical wiring that you did yourself, the damage may not be covered by your homeowners insurance, and depending on the extent of the damage, this could potentially run you hundreds of thousands of dollars you must pay yourself.
- To save yourself headaches. Electricity and electrical wiring is not like fixing a clogged sink where all you have to do is take apart a couple pipes and clear the clog. Electrical matters are a skilled trade, one that requires particular training and years of practice in order to master. If you’re one who gets particularly frustrated just putting together a TV stand, then DIY your electrical projects is not the way to go. Save yourself the stress and call in a professional electrician, such as Home Furniture, Plumbing, Electrical, and Heating in Kankakee for all our electrical needs.
- To avoid the permit process. When you plant flowers outside your home, you don’t need to ask your city or town for permission. When you paint your walls or replace flooring, you don’t need a permit either. However, when you perform major electrical work, odds are you will need a permit. Inspectors will have to come to your home, and, well, that’s just a pain. When you hire a professional electrician, such as Home Furniture, Plumbing, Electrical and Heating in Kankakee, he or she will manage the permit process for you, saving you time, energy, hassle, and money (especially time value of money).
- To avoid the huge learning curve. Most DIY projects are plain and simple, cut and paste — for the most part. It’s pretty self-explanatory on how to paint your home, plant a tree, or replace your kitchen countertops. However, this is not the case with electrical needs. If you intend to tackle your electrical home improvement projects without hiring a professional electrician such as Home Furniture, Plumbing, Electrical, and Heating in Kankakee, then you’ll have to spend a fair amount of time learning not only about your specific electrical project, but also about electricity in general. If you like to learn new things, then tackling a home improvement project could be your cup of tea. However, for most of us, we’d rather drink coffee instead.
- To save money. Yes, that’s right. You will save money when you hire a professional electrician such as Home, Furniture, Plumbing, Electrical, and Heating in Kankakee. We’ve probably all been in the scenario when where we think we’re saving money by doing it ourselves on a project, we buy the materials, we get started, we screw up, and then we end up having to hire a professional to not only do the job right, but also to fix the mess we made, which ends up costing us more in the long run. With electrical jobs, it’s best to let the professionals handle such a detailed project in the first place.
WHY YOUR PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIAN IS WORTH EVERY PENNY
As the reasons above demonstrate, a professional electrician is worth his or her weight in gold when the electrical job is done right. Could you save money with DIY? Probably. Would it be worth it in the long run? No. When you hire a professional electrician such as Home Furniture, Plumbing, Electrical, and Heating, we guarantee our electrical work, meaning if there’s something wrong, we’ll come and fix it. Furthermore, when looking at the long term value of your electrical work, your electrical work will last longer when performed by a professional electrician.
We specialize in all sorts of electrical jobs, such as electrical installation, electrical upgrades, and lighting solutions. We also offer plumbing services, as well as HVAC services, including AC installation, AC repair, and heating maintenance. We offer financing for those who need help when you need a major repair that was unplanned for. We’ve been serving the people of Kankakee since 1945 for all of their HVAC needs.
When you need an electrical upgrade or electrical installation, give Home Furniture, Plumbing, Electrical, and Heating a call for a free estimate today!